Hi! In this tutorial you will learn to paint Christmas Minnie Mouse on nails. It is an awesome idea for festive manicure! Let’s start!
1) Start with nails prep for gel polish application
2) I covered the nail with a white gel polish and cured
3) I sketched my Minnie in pencil
4) Using the mix of beige and peachy gel polishes I painted my Minnie’s skin. Cured
5) Then I painted her hat, mouth and dress in a red gel polish. Cured
6) Using a blue gel polish I painted my background. Also I painted her eyes in white. Cured
7) I did her scarf green and her nose, pupils and head black. Cured
8) In this step I began shading and highlighting her skin. I used the mix of brown and her skin tone color for shades and the mix of her skin color and white for highlights. Cured a little because the layers were thin
9) Then I shaded her dress, mouth and hat with the mix of red and black gel polishes. Also did highlights using the mix of white and red gel polishes. Furthermore I did one more layer for blue background and shaded her eyes with the mix of blue and grey. Cured a little
10) I shaded (green plus black) and highlighted (green plus white) her scarf. Also I covered black details one more time. Cured a little
11) I contoured my design with a fine detail brush and black gel paint. Cured for 2 minutes in UV lamp or 30 seconds in LED lamp
12) Then I covered my nail with a top coat, cured and removed the sticky layer
13) I drew fur using a white gel polish (Do not cure!)
14) Finally, I poured clear acrylic powder, cured and removed the remains of it
Christmas Minnie Mouse nail design is done!