Hi! Here I will describe how to create ombre sweater nails. I made vertical gradient using lilac and grey colors. Let’s begin!
1) Prep your nails for application
2) For my base, I wanted to do a lilac grey gradient. I applied a grey gel polish onto the left side of my nail (for grey color I mixed white, black, and a drop of lilac gel polish) and lilac one onto the right side. (Do not cure!)
3) Using a large brush, I blended these colors in the central part of the nail moving from the top to the bottom several times. Cured
4) To get desired opacity, I did one more layer using the same technique
5) After it, I covered the nail with a top coat, cured and removed the sticky layer
6) In this step, I started creating knitted patterns. For it, I used a thin brush, a grey gel polish on the grey side, and a lilac gel polish on the lilac side. (Do not cure!)
7) I poured clear acrylic powder on my pattern and cured
8) I swept unwanted remains of acrylic powder from the nail using a brush
Ombre sweater nail design is done!